Presented as written by Caxton Central – goVeza did not write this article:
Whether you resolve to be more financially conscious, to start saving up for that dream holiday, or to make more of an effort to spend time with your family, sometimes even the best of intentions fall flat.
We often get so caught up with life and work, we lose momentum in our annual promises to do better this year.
Here are twenty realistic resolutions you can make for 2018, and actually keep!
- Update your phone’s software system. It’s simple and takes less time than you may think!
- Do a good deed and don’t tell social media all about it.
- Clear out your wardrobe. If you find a pair of boots lurking at the back of your cupboard since 2000, get rid of it. Be brutal!
- Visit your GP for a full check-up so you can finally stop worrying about that weird clicking sound your knees make when you sit down.
- Limit your takeaway consumption to once a week. This serves the dual purpose of saving money and keeping your health in check.
- Spend more time doing what really matters (binge watching the latest season of Game of Thrones with a massive bucket of popcorn).
- Drink more water – and no, coffee doesn’t count!
- Look up at the sky more often – it will help put things in perspective.
- Sleep more. Sleep as much as possible.
- Eat breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, after all. Wake up earlier and make an effort to eat something filling and nutritious.
- Stop stressing about your relationship status. What’s meant to be, will be.
- See the world… through the magic of the Internet.
- Host a proper dinner party for your friends or family to prove you’re an actual adult.
- Commit to vegetarianism for a month.
- Download a language app and learn to say ‘Hello’ in at least 10 different languages.
- Develop a party trick. It can involve spoons.
- Block your exes’ numbers from your phone. That way, you won’t be tempted to text after having a few too many drinks.
- Purge your life of any ‘toxic’ friends, but also maintain relationships with good friends.
- Develop a signature dance move and impress at parties!
- Survive 2019.
Link to full article: https://highvelder.co.za/73099/realistic-new-year-resolutions/