Written by: Staff Reporter
The 2017 year will be an important one for the ANC, as it prepares for its elective conference this December
President of the African National Congress, Jacob Zuma, said the leadership of the party accepted that mistakes had been made under their watch, adding that remedial action was being taken to ensure that those mistakes are not made again.
The 2017 year will be an important one for the ANC, as it prepares for its elective conference this December.
The party is about to enter a new era and managing that transition will be critical, for the future of the party and – according the ANC – the future of South Africa.
“We accept that we have made mistakes and we shall correct these mistakes,” said Zuma during his January Statement at the Orlando Stadium on Sunday.
An area of great contention for members in the build-up to the Local Government Elections last year, was the managing of the party list process.
It is an aspect that many believe contributed significantly to the poor performance of the governing party in Gauteng, particularly in Pretoria.
“Where list processes have been manipulated, the ANC has sent teams to these regions to take the necessary corrective measures,” added Zuma.
Zuma told supporters in Soweto that deployees must respect their people, and listen to the them during these critical processes. Zuma said that public servants ought to also listen to people and respond to their most pressing concerns.
“The ANC must be a listening and humble organisation. We must learn from President OR Tambo.”
Artcile is as seen online SA Breaking News. GoVeza did not write the article and pictures is as seen online.
Wednesday 21 December 2016 20:15
The last board member Mbulaheni Maguvhe resigned earlier this week.(SABC)
The presidency says President Jacob Zuma is concerned about the vacuum at the SABC that has been created by the absence of a board.
The last board member Mbulaheni Maguvhe resigned earlier this week.
This has paved way for an Interim Board to be recommended by the National Assembly, before Zuma can make the final appointments.
Presidency spokesperson Bongani Ngqulunga explains, “Everybody is concerned including the president himself. The SABC is a very important institution in our society. As we have said before, all state owned entities including the SABC have to be functional, therefore the president is concerned. And we are pleased that the National Assembly, especially the speaker yesterday,- and what she said, she realised the urgency of the matter that the matter should be resolved as soon as possible in terms of appointing the interim board.”
Earlier Zuma says he will await recommendations by the National Assembly on an interim board for the SABC before taking a final decision.
Article is as seen online SABC News. GoVeza did not write the article and picture is as seen online.